Responsibilities and Contact Details
Data processing is the responsibility of the European Centre of Excellence for Civilian Crisis Management e.V. (CoE)
Kurfürstendamm 201, 10719 Berlin
Contact details of the data protection officer:
The European Centre of Excellence for Civilian Crisis Management e.V. (CoE) is a non-profit private association under German law. Our aim is to strengthen civilian capacities in the framework of European Civilian Crisis Management by providing services to member states and to European institutions, in particular to the European External Action Service (EEAS).
Data is transmitted to the CoE using an SSL-encrypted connection, which makes it significantly more difficult for unauthorised persons to intercept it.
The CoE website draws on the services of 1&1 Ionos SE to analyse usage data. No other use is made of the data, and the data are not passed on to third parties. The following information is stored for each page you view and each file you download:
- Technical details of the browser used
- Anonymous IP address
- Date and time
- Page opened/name of the file downloaded
- Quantity of data transferred
- Notification of whether viewing or download was successful
Data is processed based on Art. 6, paragraph 1 f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the legitimate interest of analysing usage to improve the company’s website.
We use so-called cookies with our Internet presence. Cookies are small text files or other storage technologies that are stored on your terminal device by the Internet browser you use. Through these cookies, certain information from you, such as your browser or location data or your IP address, is processed.
This processing makes our Internet presence more user-friendly, effective and secure.
Data is processed based on Art. 6 paragraph 1 f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the legitimate interest of analysing usage to improve the organisation’s website.
You can prevent or restrict the installation of cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings. You can also delete already stored cookies at any time. However, the steps and measures required for this depend on the internet browser you are using. If you have any questions, please use the help function or documentation of your Internet browser or contact its manufacturer or support.
In the case of so-called flash cookies, however, processing cannot be prevented by the browser settings. Instead, you must change the settings of your Flash player. The steps and measures required for this also depend on the Flash Player you are using. If you have any questions, please also use the help function or documentation of your Flash Player or contact the manufacturer or user support.
If you prevent or restrict the installation of cookies, however, this may mean that not all functions of our website can be used to their full extent.
Log-in to Knowledge Hub
When you register to the knowledge hub, we process your title, first and last names, job position and email address. The data is processed based on Art. 6 paragraph 1 b) of the EU GDPR for the purpose of receiving the query formulated in the contact form.
If you contact us via e-mail to receive press releases, the data you provide will be used to process your request. Personal details collected as part of a press mailing list based upon Art. 6 paragraph 1 f) of the EU GDPR will not be passed onto third parties and will only be used for the purpose of press releases. No use will be made of your details for consulting purposes, for advertising or for market research. Any personal information that we collect apart from your address, especially the job function and medium that you work for, help us pinpoint and deliver topics relevant for your target audience. If you notify us and ask to be removed from our newsletter mailing list all your personal details will be deleted from our database.
Reference to user rights
You are entitled:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 of the EU GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, cancellation, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, where applicable, relevant information on the details of such data;
- in accordance with Art. 16 of the EU GDPR, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 of the EU GDPR to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 of the EU GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 of the EU GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 of the EU GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 paragraph 3 of the EU GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- and to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 of the EU GDPR. As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our registered office.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact the CoE data protection officer (see contact information provided above).