Junior Policy Officer Knowledge Management (f/m/div)
The European Centre of Excellence for Civilian Crisis Management e.V. (CoE) is looking for a Junior Policy Officer Knowledge Management (f/m/div) in full-time to start asap. The position is initially limited to two years.
The CoE in Berlin was opened in September 2020 as part of the German EU Council Presidency as an initiative of the Federal Foreign Office to strengthen civilian crisis management. The CoE is a service provider for EU member states and EU institutions, in particular the European External Action Service (EEAS). It is intended to serve as a knowledge hub for the collection and exchange of national models and experiences ("good practices") and to develop tangible proposals on how European civilian crisis management can be further developed both conceptually and in practice. The CoE was established as a private-law association and currently has 19 members. The Director is responsible for implementing the workplan as agreed by its members. To support the Director, the CoE will have a permanent staff of about ten persons. In addition, the work of the CoE is supported by national experts seconded by its members.
The advertised position of Junior Policy Officer Knowledge Management is assigned to the portfolio of the Policy Officer Knowledge Management.
The main tasks of the Junior Policy Officer Knowledge Management are:
- Supporting the implementation of the CoE's work programme in terms of organisation and content as well as advising its members
- Supporting the implementation of a Knowledge Hub as a source of information and interaction platform on the CoE website
- Cooperation with the seconded experts at the CoE and support of the seconded experts in the utilisation, systematisation and archiving of the results of their work
- Organisation, structuring and coordination of internal work processes
- Carrying out other tasks as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in information science, communication studies, political science, international relations, foreign and security policy, or equivalent degree in related fields
- Study-related internships in multilateral contexts or member-based organisations
- Proven interest in European issues, especially CSDP (preferably bachelor thesis on a European topic, especially related to CSDP)
- Very good practical problem-solving skills, analytical abilities and abstract thinking skills
- Ability to prepare complex issues and to give structured, comprehensible, and convincing written and oral presentations
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Being conversational in German would be an advantage
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- High political and intercultural sensitivity and diplomatic skills
- Experience in working with Microsoft 365, especially SharePoint, or comparable cloud-based software would be an advantage
- Knowledge of working with Typo3 or other content management systems would be an advantage
- A responsible position with room for manoeuvre in a young and dynamic organisation as part of an international team
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public sector (pay group max. E11 TVöD)
- Opportunities for professional training and further education
The CoE has set itself the goal of promoting women's careers and expressly invites qualified women to apply for the position. We also expressly invite people with a migration background to submit an application. Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration in accordance with the legal requirements if they are equally qualified.
Your application (English or German) should include the following documents and evidence:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of your qualification
- Work or internship references
- Evidence (alternatively well-founded statements) of all the knowledge and skills mentioned in the job description
Please send your application exclusively via e-mail in one PDF document to Ilka Eisenträger, Head of Administration, application@, by 18 January 2021 at the latest. coe-civ.eu
If you have any questions, please contact Daniela Dietmayr, Policy Officer for Knowledge Management on +49 152 22 905 193.